Minor Injuries Assessment
Call MIA phone lines are open 8am-8pm, 7 days a week on 111.
Call MIA can provide virtual consultations for children aged 8 and over.
- Children under 8 years old with a minor injury should attend one of the services at the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Western General Hospital or St John’s Hospital, but if under 1yr should attend the Emergency Department at RHSC or SJH.
- To confirm Call MIA is available to patients with injuries that are less than 14 days old.
Injuries it Can Advise on Include:
- Strains, sprains and suspected broken bones to limbs only (not back, chest or abdomen).
- Wounds and minor burns (not to face, groin or hands).
- Minor bumps to head and face (with no vomiting or loss of consciousness).
- Simple eye injuries.
- Insect bites and stings with localised swelling and no evidence of allergic reaction.